The Advetures of Jadon and Kalina

The Advetures of Jadon and Kalina

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Camp Korey Summer 2013

How many of you have experienced summer camp?  Was it a day camp or overnight camp?  Camp is a gathering of people with similar interests, maybe sports or science, having fun and, perhaps, being a little bit crazier than usual.  Image you are different than most people.  What would summer camp be like for you?  The answer: Just the same (thanks to Camp Korey and other similar camps)

The week after Camp Prov Jadon attended Camp Korey.  He was looking forward to this week so much.  It is a chance for him to spend a week with other kids with skeletal dysplasia and have lots of fun.  I once asked Jadon how Camp Korey had changed him and his answer was, “It made me crazier.”  Yes, he definitely does things at Camp Korey that I can’t imagine him doing anywhere else. 

I asked Jadon to write about camp for the blog and here is what he had to say.

I had a great time at Camp Korey! The theme was super heroes/spies. My favorite parts were a water fight, a food fight, sneaking out on Thursday night, and pretty much everything else. I also liked being able to see my LPA friends. I always enjoy being able to do that. Mom and Kalina picked me up every day except Thursday at 9:30 pm and I was back at 8:30 am. I spent Thursday night there (the reason I wasn’t in bed till 11!). It was a little scary because I had never slept away from either mom or dad. The nurses there were very nice. My nurse (the one who was with our cabin) works at the hospital so I knew her. I wore a cool hat around the whole week. Monday was the welcoming day. Tuesday there was the H2OO7 fight. Wednesday, a dance (I was DJ) and the food fight. Thursday was a show, a campfire, a video of the week, and my cabin snuck out for a little bit (didn’t fall asleep till 11!).

Yes, you read that correctly.  Jadon spent Thursday night at camp.  This was such a huge thing for him to do.  We had talked about maybe spending one night this year.  I didn’t think the conversation went very far until I heard him tell someone on the phone that he was probably going to spend Thursday night there.  It was news to me!  The Camp Korey staff found someone willing and able to spend the night with him and he had a great time.  When Kalina and I got there Friday morning he said he would like to stay there forever.   That is how special Camp Korey is and how special Camp Korey makes you feel.


Ready for some Camp Korey fun!
 
The hat!

Good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment